Friday, April 6, 2012

Blog Post 10

    The video, Do you teach or do you educate?, really made me think. It made me think about how I will not just simply teach my students the required curriculum, but educate them to be better students and better people. As the video states being an educator is empowering the students; setting off the spark in them. I know I had many teachers that just simply taught me what they were suppose to teach me and had me go on my marry way to the next grade, but I also had teachers that truly inspired me to become a teacher and a better person. 
   I was thinking on why I wanted to become a teacher after watching this video, and I came to the conclusion  that I want to better the children  of the future. I could be the kind of teacher that simply teaches them the bare minimum, but I believe that students deserve more then that. I will try to be the best educator that I can be for my students. 


Don't Let Them Take the Pencils Home 
   
     This post was pretty interesting. I had to re read it a few times and read some more post from him, but I finally got it. This post  goes way beyond just pencils; it is about creativity in and out of the classroom. The other teacher in the conversation does not get that it is not just about the pencils, but what they can create. As a future educator I strive to make my classroom a place where my students can be creative. 


4 comments:

  1. Kaitlin,

    Be sure to proof read your blog assignment before posting because I found some spelling mistakes. This post is very short and lacks detail. You have still not added alt and title modifiers to your pictures like I told you in my past comments. Refer to page 13 in the project section of the Instruction Manual for how to do these. I know I am being very critical but I am only trying to help you improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaitlin,
    After reading your blog I only found a few errors on post ten. I think you should elaborate more to add more length to your wording in your post. You also did not have a link to the second part of the post. You may want to go back and fix these problems and make sure you use them for future post. Good luck and good job overall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth,
    Thank you for the feed back. I was a bit confused on the alt and title modifiers, but I will definitely be adding that to my post 12. Thank you.

    Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! If you have any trouble with the alt and title modifiers, come by the lab and we will be more than happy to help you out!

      Delete