Thursday, March 29, 2012

C4T #3

              My third C4T was a teacher from Iowa, Mrs. Georend. On the first post she talked about her spending most of her time outside of the classroom doing crafts, starting up her shop and thinking of creative ideas. She asked these questions: "How can we transfer this feeling to our students who may feel trapped in the day-to-day reading, math, and writing?  What sort of things are you doing to allow your students (or staff, my administrator friends!) to feel alive in their creativity?" My response to this post was: I am also addicted to crafting and pinterest! I agree with you that creativity is being lost among students. They get so bogged down in the reading,writing and math that they forget it is okay to be creative. I believe that as teachers we should embrase children's creativity. We should turn a traditional lesson into a fun creative project!

   The second post was about her cleaning out her plants and making room for the new plants. She made an interesting comparison to plants and life. "Some times to try new things we have to clear out the old things in our life to make room for the new things in our life. After time the old must go away to make room for the new." My comment on this post was: I really like your analogy about planting new plants and clearing out the old to bring in the new. I will be asking myself daily what can I do to clean out the old and bring in the new! Thank you for this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment